What does the new organizational knowledge requirement within ISO 9001:2015 mean for organizations?
The new organizational knowledge requirement within ISO 9001:2015 requires organizations to take active steps to effectively capture and preserve organizational knowledge. For many organizations, the new requirement will be transforming the way knowledge is captured, shared, and used across their enterprise.
Here are some of the guidelines organizations will be implementing to meet the requirement:
- Organizational knowledge must be captured and maintained.
- Organizational knowledge must be communicated and made available.
- The amount of organizational knowledge must be re-assessed.
- Informed decisions must be demonstrated by keeping organizational knowledge current.
- The current knowledge management strategy must be improved.