Auros Knowledge Systems › Welcome! Click on a forum topic to locate or start a new discussion › Strategic › Interaction Between Communities
- July 5, 2018 at 12:06 pm #17720Auros Knowledge SystemsKeymaster
In certain situations, a Community of Practice (CoP) will need to access Knowledge Packets (K-PACs) from another CoP. For example, a manufacturing CoP may need a K-PAC from a separate CoP that designed a certain product. The manufacturing CoP can utilize the K-PAC Push-Pull Console to share K-PACs with the design CoP, while still maintaining manufacturing specific authoring permissions/practices within the manufacturing CoP. Viewing the Push-Pull Console, there are four tabs; one for each of approaches to sharing K-PACs:
- A Pulled-IN K-PAC is one that has been pulled into your CoP from another CoP. All the authoring permissions remain with the Source CoP while the prefix of the K-PAC ID identifies the CoP it was originated from.
- A Pushed-IN K-PAC is one that has been pushed into your CoP from another CoP. All the authoring permissions remain with the Source CoP while the prefix of the K-PAC ID identifies the CoP it was originated from.
- A Pushed-OUT K-PAC is one that has been pushed from your CoP into another CoP. All the authoring permissions remain with your CoP.
- A Pulled-OUT K-PAC is one that has been pulled from your CoP by another CoP. For a user from another CoP to pull in a K-PAC , the must have read access to the K-PACs in the source CoP and authorship privileges in the Target CoP.
Push-Pull Console: K-PAC Library (Bottom left panel) → K-PAC Change Control → Push-Pull Console