Auros in the Consumer Products Industry
Organizations within the consumer products industry are pressured by the competition, and consumers, to produce innovative products and introduce new products to the market. However, in this industry, the mode of distribution can change, and recurring mistakes often slow the process down; causing recalls or Time to Market to be delayed. This makes it difficult for organizations to operate at a more efficient and effective level. So how are these challenges overcome? With the help of Auros software and services, our customers were able to resolve their problems by transforming the way their knowledge is captured, shared, and reused.
- Elimination of recurring mistakes
- Preservation and sharing of knowledge
- Improvement of engineering efficiency
- Reduction of undesirable variation
- Reduction in the enterprise IT footprint
Benefits Specific to Consumer Product Organizations
- Document compliance to regulatory standards
- Reduce “non-value added” engineering time spent researching and retrieving information
- Ensure producibility through application of design for manufacturing standards
- Provide integrated processes to update and evaluate product design standards
- Improve knowledge exchange with suppliers
- Simplify the design review process
- Reinforce the use of standard engineering processes
- Increase first time-quality
Notable Auros Customers
“Auros demonstrated a clear time and efficiency advantage over the existing web repository process.”
“It really does allow us to close the loop on enterprise learning.”
“I didn’t want to leave our old XLS based process and now I can’t imagine how I used to get anything done. Auros allows us to do so much more.”
What is the Knowledge Aware Approach?
The Knowledge Aware approach is a coherent and comprehensive enterprise-level Knowledge Management strategy and technique. Unlike traditional knowledge management strategies, the Knowledge Aware approach activates knowledge in the flow-of-work. With it, knowledge is continuously being captured from standards, best practices, lessons learned, methods, techniques, requirements, employee knowledge, and other resources, broken down into digestible bite-sized pieces, and provisioned to the right person when and where it’s needed. This approach positively influences decision-making, which creates a more effective and efficient organization and more reliable outputs.
Who Uses It
Auros is used by over 36,000 active global users and many successful globally recognized organizations. These organizations, and many others, are using the Knowledge Aware approach and are gaining a competitive advantage over the rest; simply by transforming the way their knowledge is captured, shared, and reused. The Knowledge Aware approach allows these organizations to operate in a state of continuous learning and effortless recall, where knowledge is continuously being captured, shared and reused across the organization. Soon enough, every organization will transition into this approach to managing knowledge – it’s inevitable. Will you join them as an industry leader now or follow them later?
How Auros Can Be Used
Consumer Product organizations can use Auros for multiple areas of their business. Some include:
- Integrates design standards and learnings directly and early in the design process
- Documents are replaced with knowledge in the flow which connects to the design process
- Provisions of standard methods and routines and ensures process adherence and conformance
- Makes efficient processes and improves visibility and impact of design reviews
- Provides criteria to assess the impact and implement of change
- Automates the gathering and analytics around process and product measurables
- Reduces engineering mistakes and omissions, resulting in fewer design iterations, leading to increase in productivity
- Corrective actions and best practices managed in Auros and implementation tracked across suppliers
Auros helps make this transition less painful by blending standard work and knowledge into the agile concept. By blending these two concepts, organizations can achieve the benefits of Agile with the predictability of standardized processes.
Auros provides organizations the ability to quickly create and dynamically deploy structured Best Practices across multiple business applications.
With Auros, Comprehensive Requirements Assessments ensure full compliance in the Design process.
Auros can deliver context specific rules into the CAD model from multiple stakeholders, which are evaluated continuously during the design process.
Auros allows employees to also check their work against the expertise of subject matter experts, providing insightful guidance and tracking technical decisions.
With Auros, Supplier Capabilities are captured as bite size pieces of knowledge.
Auros converts tacit (tribal) knowledge from the seasoned virtual build participants and converts it into explicit knowledge that can be delivered to less experienced personnel, enabling them to evaluate the products, processes, tools and plant operations with the same level of fidelity.
See How Auros Works in a Live Demo
Our customers have adopted the Auros software to help with several of their major industry challenges, including: warranty issues, maintaining consistent quality, workforce efficiency, retiring workforce, loss of intellectual capital, and training new hires. To learn how your organization can benefit from Auros, like they did, schedule a complimentary demo of the Auros system.